Friday, February 1, 2013

Let's Get This Party Started!

I'll just throw this out there, I've never done this before...blogging that is.  So, here's a brief introduction about me and why I'm here.  I'm a mother of two beautiful girls (3 years old and 8 weeks old), a wife, sister, daughter, friend, paramedic and student.  I love long walks (anywhere when the temperature is above 20 degrees), showers that last more than 3 minutes, the occasional uninterrupted trip to the bathroom, and snuggling with my kids.  I've forgotten what it's like to read a book for pleasure, take a shower longer than 4 minutes, and get more than 5 hours of sleep at night. 
What I haven't forgotten is how hard it is to loose weight after having your second baby.  I'm not a small person.  Never have been, never will be.  BUT, there was a time that I was a lot thinner than I am now.  And I want to get back there. 
After having my first daughter in 2009 I waited a good year or so to seriously start to loose weight.  I was successful.  I lost bout 70lbs in just over the course of a year by eating low carb and exercising as my schedule would allow.  I knew I wanted to have another child, so when I got pregnant in March of 2012 I was elated!  I vowed not to gain as much as I did with the first pregnancy...oops. 
So here I am, all fat and unhappy again looking back on those "before I had kids" pictures thinking how much I would give to be able to fit into those jeans I thought were huge back then.  This is my journey back to that place of having everything in my closet fit again.  Please help me and I'll try to help you! :)

Day One, February 1, 2013:
Breakfast: Two eggs, one slice of cheese and two strips of bacon (you will see this word a lot in my menu).  :)
Lunch: Ginormous BLT Wedge (half a head of ice burg lettuce, 2 tbls mayo, one Roma tomato, three strips of, you guessed it: Bacon).  DELISH!

No comments:

Post a Comment