Saturday, February 9, 2013

Could This Be The Best Day Ever?!?!?

It just might be!  So February is that time of year when that fast food restaurant whips out those delicious green shakes that make me want to say "forget low carb, I'm gonna have me one of those".  But this year I've got their number, they've been out smarted!  Today, I've created a low carb Shamrock Shake :) It IS the best day ever!  I'm so in love with regular Shamrock Shakes that I even mailed one to my friend in Italy (as a joke, we both knew that wasn't going to be any good once it got there, especially with the Italian postal service...).  Ok so here's the skinny (get it?):

2 cups Bryers Carb Smart vanilla ice cream
1 1/4 cup Silk PureAlmond Unsweetened vanilla almondmilk
6-8 drops green food coloring
1/4 tsp mint extract

Blend everything together!  So simple!  You can even add some whipped topping (that's an additional 1g net carb but it's Saturday, live a little). 

Total net carbs: 16g for the entire confection :)

You're welcome.

2 comments:

  1. Holy eff. Thank you!!!! It's probably not "legal" on the induction phase of atkins.....but I'm going to live a little....it's (almost) Saturday lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for reading my blog Stephanie! Yea, it probably isn't legal in the induction phase, but it is WAY better than doing a drive by at that fast food place and ordering one :) ENJOY!!!

      Delete